About the Twickenham Stoop
The 14,816 capacity rugby stadium, situated in South-West London, is home to the Harlequins Ruby team. The stadium sits only a few hundred yards away from the home of English Rugby, Twickenham. Great Britain Hockey, in partnership with the Harlequins, will be laying a portable artificial turf surface on top of the existing grass surface to create world class hockey playing conditions for the expected sell-out crowd. It’s a first for hockey!
Make a Day of It
At the FIH Pro League in 2019, we are encouraging spectators to come early and make a day of it. Spectator gates will open 90 minutes before the first match. There will be a great selection of hot food, plenty of drinks to quench your thirst at the various bars located within the stadium perimeter, hockey retail, excellent entertainment and a chance to pick up a stick and give hockey a go. You’ll also get chance to join in fun activities around the stadium and watch the international teams warm up on the ‘ground breaking’ portable hockey turf.
After the hockey has finished, there will be autograph sessions pitch side where you can meet your hockey heroes and we’ll be allowing up to 150 children to step foot on the hallowed turf to play hockey with some of the GBR team joining in also.
Food and Drink
A truly authentic hockey experience is not complete without sampling the tastes and flavours of The Twickenham Stoop on matchday. Great Britain Hockey and Harlequins are working together to create a wonderful catering offer for the Hockey Family to enjoy on match day. More information will appear here shortly.
For your safety we may conduct bag searches and pat downs.
General Rules of Entry
- Only bags that can fit under seats in the stand will be permitted.
- We reserve the right to deny entry to or remove anyone who is, or suspected to be, intoxicated by alcohol/under the influence of banned substances.
- Only assistance dogs are permitted.
The following are not permitted within the stadium:
- Any article likely to cause injury
- Any article prohibited under law
- Fireworks or flares
- Glass bottles or cans
- Aerosols or gas canisters
- Whistles or air horns
- Large flags/banners
- Alcohol (unless purchased on site)
- Smoking is not permitted, including e-cigarettes
- The behaviour of spectators shall comply with the terms of the England Hockey Code of Ethics and Behaviour which can be found here.
- We reserve the right to remove spectators who do not abide by the Code or who are in possession of any items above.
- No alcohol purchased within the stadium can be taken off the site.
Almost all seats in the stadium are protected from the elements, though spectators in the first few rows of each stand may get wet in the event of rain, depending on the strength and direction of any wind. We allow umbrellas into the venue but ask you to consider other spectators when using them. Check your pre-event email from Great Britain Hockey and the Met Office website ahead of travelling of the weather forecast.
Click here for terms and conditions of the ‘Play on pitch Experience’.